Just to say that I could get into this festival lark...Just played at Beautiful Days in Devon and despite the 600 miles of driving and some mud and whatnot I did the following:
- Played twice and did some good versions of me songs - forget to tell anyone it was the live debut for a couple though.
- Learned to put up a retro 80s tent on my own (with not enough tent pegs).
- Continued to discover that people who go to this sort of thing are generally well, nice people.
- Enjoyed the food (no, really - not too expensive either - including a cafe on a Routemaster bus!)
- Particularly liked Midlake and Billy Bragg and New Model Army and the lads from Barnsley who's name I didn't catch...
- Got well treated by the man John Bownas (who booked me) and all the backstage sound people etc.
- Got helped out with a flat battery by a very organised and helpful man called Andy, along with the Leveller's drummer's brother and nephew.
So...thanks to all - including Gogs who put John B on to my stuff in the first place.
Blimey, no moaning from me today! - Quick get me on a Firstbus...