Tuesday, August 06, 2013

Go Gaslight!

Last night I finally got myself down to the Gaslight Club at Oporto in Leeds (Call Lane)

https://www.facebook.com/GaslightClubLeeds

Sound was good, acts were all great, ambiance good too...Sorry this is a bit like an ad but it is worth going down on a Monday night - and free to get in too...I want to play there - but even if they think I'm great they have a waiting list of AROUND A YEAR!  So...given the case that this is the way things are I'm going to be doing some guerrilla open mic stuff over the next few months - in other words since I didn't get my arse in gear to get some gigs a year ago the only way I'm going to put it about a bit music wise is to do open mics...Actually, these are usually booked in advance too but generally not a year...so see you down at wherever the mood, geography or inclination takes us...

Incidentally, I have wondered about doing reviews of a sort of gigs or whatever on here.  Trouble is it takes too long and often I feel like I only have fairly ordinary descriptions rather than exciting insights anyway - and there's a big dose of that 'they're really good, just not quite my kind of thing' about a lot of people / acts.

No comments: