Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Chris Packham goes nuclear!

In common with presumably a large proportion of the coolest sections of the UK population I’ve been following Chris Packham sneaking Clash songs into Springwatch – today he actually blatantly name checked the Clash.  Weirdly, I’d just been saying ‘he’ll never squeeze White Man in Hammersmith Palais in’ – and he did!  Within seconds – (with a crowbar I have to admit) along with Rock the Casbah and Janie Jones a couple of minutes later.  I’ve since checked and he’s been getting absolutely loads of them in!  I guess he had to be blatant to get the difficult ones in.

Anyone who knows his Clash is OK by me.  And he’s been logging the whole thing!  And the whole Springwatch nature / animals thing?  Can take it or leave it, me...
 
His opinion / assessment of the Clash is spot on and weirdly mirrors my own experience - except that I saw them in Sheffield and the shop was WH Smiths in Grimsby...
 
http://www.chrispackham.co.uk/news/blog/chris-wild-encounters/the-story-of-the-springwatch-clash-volume-1

No comments: