Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Do you get stuff like this?

I try not to mix work (which is generally a bizarre Kafkaesque world full of irrational wasting) with real life (hey, tell me what that is!) However, sometimes the bizarre is amusing; at least it is if you're fond of black comedy. At my work we get bizarre emails from people who don't speak English. Now you're probably thinking that I've having a pop whose 'first language is not English'. Well, I guess I am but they're not foreign, no, they're middle class white English types. They have lost the ability to communicate. Here's an example of something that possibly thinks it contains information:

"The Governance Hub has launched the next round of its Partnership Programme. The Hub is looking to work with umbrella organisations and federated charities to fund initiatives that catalyse a significant improvement in the quality of governance within the sector"

Perhaps I'm being harsh and not all of this is gibberish...

So, I’m off to catalyse a significant improvement in the quality of beverage fabrication in the appliance hub*

*i.e. I’m going to make a nice cup of tea

No comments: