Wednesday, November 21, 2012

French Spambots ruin stats

Annoyingly, nearly 1,100 people read this 'ere blog last month.  Annoyingly? Huh? - Yes, annoyingly because I don't believe a word.  For a start they're mostly from France apparently.  Usually (and oddly in my view) the USA is in first place stats wise with the UK in second - and everywhere else nowhere.  As stats go...

So I've concluded that a lot of these 'views' are actually spambots (did a great set at Glastonbury a few years ago the Spambots...)  So now I get lots of comments in my email which are just spammy links - they're not appearing on the blog though, presumably because the anti-spammers at Blogger get rid of 'em.  But it does mean that I now have no idea who's reading this.  Not that I could track people individually before but y'know, it's just a bit annoying really.

Right, I'm off to buy some handbags.  Here by the way is a typical spam comment...

"I say to you, I certainly get irked at the same time as folks consider concerns that they plainly do not know about.  You controlled to hit the nail upon the highest and also defined out the whole thing without having side-effects , people could take a signal. Will likely be back to get more. Thank you"

No comments: