Sunday, November 26, 2006

While sat in Somerfield's Car Park

While sat in Somerfield's car park, I found myself asking the following questions (not necessarily related to supermarkets) -


What happened to knobbly knees competitions?

Should one say threppence or thruppence? (and what would my mother say if I lost sixpence on the way to the slipper baths?)

In the doctor’s waiting room, why have I never seen a small boy with a saucepan stuck on his head – or a small boy with a neatly sawn piece of railing round his neck? I feel cheated to be honest - most of the people in there don't even look ill.

Why are there posters up at my work talking about Dobbin the dealer? Are drugs being sold to young people by a horse? Shouldn’t he be relatively easy to spot? Still, if he’s a hoodie maybe not…even then, surely someone would spot the 4 legs. Isn't 'horse' a slang name for heroin? - Perhaps the hip and happnin' dudes as the Council or somewhere got confused - but then a dude ranch is something to do with horses is it not? Perhaps horses are the connection we've all been looking for?

Lummie, it's a rum un - and no mistake.

No comments: