Sunday, January 22, 2006

Folk Rocks!

Folk Roots (known as Froots these days) magazine told me in a rather snooty way they wouldn’t review the JP album as it was ‘rock’ and I sneered ‘hey nonny nonny yer b*stads’ into my bodrom.

However, Genevieve Tudor played Hippy Dad from the album on her ‘Folk on Sunday’ prog (Jimmy Young!) on BBC Shropshire – goes out in Stoke, Hereford and Worcester too. This is the first ever play I’ve had on a folk show.

If you want to check it out here’s the link: BBC - Shropshire - Music, Gigs and Clubs - Folk Playlist

However, I can’t help noticing the other songs on the show included these titles:

The Arran Boat
The Busker’s Song
The Blacksmith
Hurdy Gurdy Man
Flop Eared Mule
La Belle Jig
Adieu Sweet Lovely Nancy

Have I infiltrated? Is this like the Pistols on Radio One? I’ve always said I must write songs about canal tunnel disasters – or maybe I should just drop my prejudices? Wasn’t sure if I would incur the wrath of folk types – seems not.

No comments: